If approved, Lethans wind farm will contribute significantly to your local community economically, socially and environmentally.
The proposed wind farm would provide the local community with:
- A chance to purchase up to 5 per cent equity stake in the wind farm, subject to a 25 per cent community discount.
- £7.1 million into a local community benefit fund over the 30 year lifespan of the wind farm
- £7.1m contribution to East Ayrshire Council’s Renewable Energy Fund
- £1.3m skills and training fund for the first five years, which could support up to 440 local unemployed people get into work and/or training
- A £250,000 contribution towards improvements to mountain biking facilities
- 13km of new access tracks for mountain biking and walking
- £38m business rates contribution over the lifetime of the site
Banks Renewables are also committed to maximising local contracting opportunities during the construction phase of the wind farm through our Connnect2Renewables ethos, see Connect2Renewables.