Pond Flexible Energy Park
Sustainable energy for everyone
Welcome our Pond Flexible Energy Park project page, a proposal to develop a battery energy storage system (BESS) to the south east of Bathgate on existing industrial land. The site, which is around three hectares within Pond Industrial Estate could provide up to 200MW of clean, renewable electricity, enough to the peak demands of 240,000 homes for two hours (or the average demands of 600,000).
What we’ve learned so far
Thank you to everyone who has attended one of our two public consultation events, completed our survey, and given us feedback on our proposals. So far our team has met with and listened to members of the community, the local community council and local ward councillors to understand your views about our proposals and we’ve learnt a great deal from those conversations.
What is important to you
- The external appearance of the site: Pond’s site is naturally well screened and will only be lit during operational visits, minimising visual impacts for residential properties and road users.
- Providing local businesses with contracting opportunities: We commit to prioritising local businesses as part of our Connect2Renewables initiative
- Protecting nature near to the site is important to the people of Bathgate: Our proposals will protect and enhance nature on site, boosting existing biodiversity.
- Regular communication with the community council is important: We are committed to providing regular updates to the community council and opportunities for meetings as the project progresses.
- Health and safety is important to local people: Pond Flexible Energy Park has been designed to the highest health and safety standards and if consented we will employ the latest technology to monitor the site 24/7.
Your feedback helps us deliver a project which responds to local needs, maximises the benefits of Pond Flexible energy Park could bring and helps to leave a positive legacy for the community.