Banks Mining’s Brenkley Lane surface coal mine brings a variety of benefits, these include:
- Opportunity to improve the land for agricultural or other use, and create improved environmental features when the site is restored
- Contribute to essential local and national supplies of coal
- 40 highly skilled, well paid jobs on site
- A dedicated community benefit fund. Please click on the following link for information about the Brenkley Lane Community Fund
- The Brenkley Lane surface mine community fund has supported over 35 grant applications totalling over £220,000 in the last ten years.
- The fund is still accepting applications and I would encourage any community or voluntary organisations within the villages of Dinnington, Brunswick, Hazlerigg, and Brenkley, as well as projects in the Stannington, Milkhope, Blagdon and Horton Grange area. If you know any groups that could benefit from the fund, please contact Jeannie Raine (Community Relations Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org