Benefits of scheme
- Production of an indigenous energy supply, contributing to the supply of energy for the UK
- Generated employment during the design and planning stages of the wind farm. We contracted over 60 different companies during this process
- Created employment opportunities during the manufacturing and construction period of the project. Hanson Contracting and Agrilek employ around 50 people for wind farm construction and have a combined annual turnover of £20m
- Supports farm diversification and more ecologically and environmentally friendly agricultural practices in a marginal agricultural area
- A community benefits fund of £24,000 per year ring fenced for spending in the communities closest to the development
- Habitat and landscape improvements including new public access and planting to increase the biodiversity of the area
If you have any queries about West Durham wind farm please contact ESBI as they now own and operate it.