Local Planning Authority: South Lanarkshire Council
Postcode of nearby property: ML10 6FA
Number of turbines: 18
Tip height: 10 turbines will have a tip height of 132m and 8 of the turbines have a tip height of 152m
Potential electricity generation capacity: Up to c61MW
Lifetime of wind farm: 25 years
The overall scheme details all necessary infrastructure including haulage roads, construction compound, crane pads, permanent met mast , borrow pits, control building and substation.
The site has been designed with the primary aim of minimising any impact on the surrounding area when viewed in context of consented development. To this end turbines have been placed largely to the south of the consented Kype Muir development minimising views from the communities to the north.
An application and accompanying Environmental Statement, which is due for submission to the Scottish Governments Energy Consents and Deployment Unit in the early autumn, is currently being produced for the proposed development
Why Kype Muir Extension?
• The site has a suitable wind resource. On-site wind monitoring over the past three years has confirmed this
• The site is not subject to any landscape, ecology or cultural heritage designations
• The site has suitable access from the local road network
• The site is located over 2km from the closes settlement
• The site is an adequate distance from residential properties to protect residents from unacceptable noise and shadow flicker effects
Thank you for supporting our Kype Muir Extension Scheme Details proposal. Please enter your details in the form below and let us know your reasons for supporting Kype Muir Extension Scheme Details in the free text box below. Some examples are: