Wind Farm Community Funds
The Banks Group has established community funds to financially support community groups, voluntary organisations and environmental projects around our operational wind farms.
Examples of some of the projects supported by our wind farm funds
- Local training and employment initiatives.
- Environmental projects.
- Improvements to community buildings.
- Arts, sports and leisure initiatives.
- Community facilities, including radio programmes and libraries.
- Play parks and children’s facilities.
Your community project will need to be in close proximity to one of our wind farms. You might be able to receive support from Banks community fund if you can prove that your project will benefit the local community around it.
Our current community funds
The communities we’ve helped:
A visit to Avondale Beekeepers in South Lanarkshire
Avondale Community Beekeepers were awarded a £3,000 grant from Banks Renewables’ Kype Muir Wind Farm Community Fund to purchase two new honey extractors.