Why Kype Muir Wind Farm?
Key reasons why Kype Muir was chosen as a suitable site for an on-shore wind farm:
- On site wind monitoring over a three year period confirmed the site has a suitable wind resource.
- The site and its immediate surroundings are not subject to any landscape, ecology or cultural heritage designations
- The site has suitable access from the local road network
- The site is located over two kilometres from the closes settlement
- The site is an adequate distance from residential properties to protect residents from unacceptable noise and shadow flicker effects
- The site is located in an area identified by South Lanarkshire Council as being suitable for wind farm development