Competitive Hourly Rate (Weekly Paid)
Reporting to the Plant Maintenance Supervisor, the Plant Mechanic will utilise their skill and experience to carry out diagnostics, repairs and maintenance to the plant equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manner to achieve all Plant Department target and objectives.
- Carry out all tasks in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
- Provide fault finding analysis using experience, diagnostic tooling and technology available.
- Carry out servicing, repairs and maintenance to the machines and equipment included in the plant fleet as instructed by their line Manger/Supervisor.
- Ensure that their work area and the tooling to be used is safe, certified (where applicable), clean and tidy.
- Complete in full with significant detail all the relevant documentation that is required in association with the allocated tasks.
The Plant Mechanic will be responsible for the contribution they make towards achieving all Plant Department targets and objectives through by:
- Being efficient in completing the tasks assigned to them.
- Carrying out their tasks in a safe , responsible and efficient manner
- Effectively communicating and co-operating with the site management team and their colleagues.
- Maintaining outstanding housekeeping and health and safety standards at all times.
Ensuring a safe working environment
- The Plant Mechanic must follow all safety instruction and site safety protocol at all times.
- The Plant Mechanic must read and fully understand all generic risk assessments and put into place all the control measure that are detailed therein for the tasks they are asked to perform.
- The Plant Mechanic must use dynamic risk assessment system for all the tasks they are asked to perform.
- The Plant Mechanic must be able to select and use the correct PPE for the tasks assigned to them.
- The Plant Mechanic must maintain all PPE so that it is in safe, clean and in a serviceable condition where it is effective, functional and fit for purpose.
- The Plant Mechanic will be responsible for proper use of the communication devices supplied.
- The Plant Mechanic will operate in accordance with the site vehicle rules and work in accordance with the standards set out in the company’s Environmental, Development with Care Policy and the HSE Government Legislation that applies to the site they are assigned to.
- The Plant Mechanic through their own actions will promote a health and safety culture in the working environment.
Technical skills/knowledge/education required:
- Must hold or are working towards a minimum NVQ level 3 in plant maintenance or equivalent qualification.
- Must attain and complete the modular programme relating to the specific role of the Plant Mechanic.
- Must actively work to complete the Plant Department Matrix skills development programme.
- Must attain a Banks internal competency licence.
- Organised and self-disciplined
- Safety and environmentally awareness
- Initiative and motivation
- Capable of following instruction and directions given in all formats.
- First-rate concentration and focus.
- Exceptional mechanical knowledge, experience and dexterity.
- Attention to detail and quality of work.
- Effective communicator using all formats and the communication devices issued.
· Capable of following instruction and directions
· Effective communicator at all levels, including external stake holders
- Competitive hourly rate plus overtime
- 21 days annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Westfield Health scheme
- Health and wellbeing discount
- New car discounts with certain dealerships
Apply for this position
Please fill in your details and a member from the team will be in contact with you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields