Location: Land to the east of Whinney Lane, Harrogate. The site is around 2 miles south of Harrogate town centre
Local authority: Harrogate Borough Council
Postcode of nearby property: HG3 1QF
Size: About 6.2 hectares (c15 acres)
Site status: Planning Permission was granted at Harrogate Borough Council Planning Committee on 16 October 2018. Stonebridge Homes are now building on site with many new homes now occupied. Please visit their website for further details.
The site was mostly undeveloped agricultural land. Castle Hill Farm buildings exist on part of the site and will be retained as part of the development proposals. The site was been identified for development and allocated for housing as part of the recently adopted Harrogate Borough Council Local Plan.
Castle Hill Farm is located to the east of Whinney Lane. The development includes 130 new family homes with a mix of property sizes and design.
• Direct and indirect jobs on site during construction period
• New homes bonus for Harrogate Borough Council
• Additional council tax each year for Harrogate Borough Council to help pay for council services
• Affordable housing
• Contribution to local education provision
• Sustainable transport
• New pedestrian links
• New informal open space
• New green corridors and enhanced connectivity