Location: About three miles to the south west of Darlington town centre. The site is to the north of the existing village of Hurworth
Local authority: Darlington Borough Council
Postcode of nearby property: DL2 2EH
Size: c5.6 hectares (c14 acres)
Site status: Planning permission granted on Wednesday 4 April 2018 and then reserved matters (detailed planning) on 19 September 2018.
This site is now being developed by Miller Homes.
• 95 new quality family homes (with a mix of property sizes)
• Around 30 local jobs provided on site, and a further 45 jobs supported during the construction phase as well as significant supply chain opportunities to support the local and regional economy
• Around a £950,000 new homes bonus from the Government for Darlington Borough Council
• Additional £180,000 council tax per annum for Darlington Borough Council
• Improvements to local road networks including new access to Roundhill Road.
• Potential onsite community amenities
• Much needed new homes for people in the area
• Financial contributions to the local schools
• Improved surface water management and drainage facilities
• Improved boundary planting