Location: About three miles to the south west of Darlington town centre. The site is to the north of the existing village of Hurworth
Local authority: Darlington Borough Council
Postcode of nearby property: DL2 2EH
Size: c5.6 hectares (c14 acres)
Site status: Planning permission granted on Wednesday 4 April 2018 and then reserved matters (detailed planning) on 19 September 2018.
Our plan for Hurworth North is to create quality family homes adjacent to the existing Bellway Homes development, on Roundhill Road, (Bellway call their site: Hurworth Gardens) to the south of the site, as a scale that fits Hurworth.
• 95 new quality family homes (with a mix of property sizes)
• It is also anticipated that around 30 local jobs would be provided on site, and a further 45 jobs would be supported during the construction phase as well as significant supply chain opportunities which would support the local and regional economy
• Around a £950,000 new homes bonus from the Government for Darlington Borough Council
• Additional £180,000 council tax per annum for Darlington Borough Council
• Improvements to local road networks including new access to Roundhill Road
• Potential onsite community amenities
• Much needed new homes for people in the area
• Financial contributions to the local schools
• Improved surface water management and drainage facilities
• Improved boundary planting