Safe, responsible and efficient
• Banks Mining develops, operates and restores surface coal mines throughout the north of England and Scotland to the highest possible standards.
• We have a proud record of fully restoring every surface mine we have ever worked.
• To date we have mined and restored over 110 surface mines.
• It is our aim to be the UK’s most successful coal mining company in terms of our ability to develop new projects and our operating standards.
• We are deeply committed to our development with care approach and develop all our sites in close consultation with the local community. As a company we are committed to mining coal in the most sustainable way possible, helping to ensure that the country has sufficient power to meet its growing energy needs.
• Banks Mining is a member of CoalImP – the Association for UK Coal Importers and Producers. For more information about CoalImp please see our Links page.
• Banks Mining has been awarded PRIME (Professional Recognition In Mineral Extraction) certification by the Institute of Quarrying in recognition of the comprehensive provisions it makes for staff training, leadership and engagement. For more information about PRIME please see our Links page.
• Banks Mining is also an approved participating supplier to the Bettercoal scheme. Bettercoal is a global, not-for-profit, initiative established by a group of major utilities to promote the continuous improvement of corporate responsibility in the coal supply chain, with a specific focus on the mines themselves. For more information about Bettercoal please see our Links page.