Admin apprentice – procurement
REPORTS TO: Project Procurement Controller
DIVISION: Group Finance
The role of the Project Procurement Apprentice will be to provide professional, reliable and efficient administrative support to the Procurement team to ensure the smooth running of the department, whilst ensuring that high levels of quality and service are maintained across the business.
The main duties and objectives of the role are as follows:
- To have an appreciation of the Project Procurement Team and business values to ensure they are adopted throughout the role and to assist with production of annual business plan and objectives for department.
- To assist with the co-ordination of project related procurement activities across Banks Group.
- To ensure appropriate elements of the electronic purchase ordering gateway for projects are dealt with efficiently and effectively covering various order types across the group but substantially for projects throughout the development phase.
- To assist with the pre-qualification process of new suppliers and to liaise with finance, health and safety, and technical co-ordinators for their input into the assessment.
- To assist with the issuing of appointments and contract variations ensuring they are tracked through the procurement systems.
- To ensure appointments and contract variations are signed appropriately, and documents are filed off accordingly whilst unsigned contracts and variations are expedited regularly.
- To assist with co-ordination of tendering exercises including carrying out initial review of costs in procurement tender review schedules and ensuring database is populated with relevant information and all hard copy files are kept up to date.
- To ensure Livelink Database and PIMS (Procurement Information Management System) are kept up to date so that information dashboards are real time.
- To file off hard copy documents to ensure hard copy files are regularly audited and aligned to the database.
- To provide support to the Project Procurement Team, so that they can continually develop and improve the procurement procedures for the Group, to ensure best practices are adopted.
- To ensure that own KPM’s are actively progressed.
- To assist with new initiatives as required by the Group as they arise.
- To actively promote the image of the Banks Group to ensure the business is regarded as a first class company.
Internal clients: Regular contact with Project Managers, project team members (technical & planning) and their admin support across all three business units. Key relationships include both junior and senior employees responsible for various disciplines.
External Suppliers: The job holder will develop and maintain effective business relationships with professional consultancies and providers of services to Banks Group. These will include SMEs, partnerships, minor works contractors and sole traders providing technical services, business support services (particularly legal services) and capital items.
Project Procurement Team: The individual will be part of a small procurement team (who report into the Group FD) comprising of Manager, Project Procurement Controller, Procurement Co-ordinator and support team.
Multi-disciplined / development / property / renewables / mining.
Ideally experience of working in a busy office environment.
The role requires an appreciation of managing workflows to meet project deadlines.
The role is largely office based providing a procurement service across all business areas within the Group.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Good judgement, showing logical decision making, and a hands-on approach.
- Focused with the ability to concentrate on different tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- First class communication skills with the ability to liaise with consultants and internal customers, both verbally and written.
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a changing environment.
- A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A positive ‘can do’ enthusiastic attitude towards tasks given
- Excellent people skills
- Professional approach and respectful to colleagues
- Flexible & responsive
- 25 days annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Westfield Health scheme
- Health and wellbeing discount
- New car discounts with certain dealerships
The deadline for applications is 5th September.
APPLY NOW via our Careers Site https://www.banksgroup.co.uk/careers/ or send your CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.
Apply for this position
Please fill in your details and a member from the team will be in contact with you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields