Health and Safety Manager
Established in 2006, Banks Renewables protects natural resources by developing, operating and managing renewable and flexible electricity generation and storage. Our development team works on onshore wind, solar developments and battery storage projects from inception, throughout operation and through to completion while developing with care.
As Health and Safety Manager for Banks Renewables Limited (BRL) your key responsibilities shall include:
- Provide professional health, safety and wellbeing advice and support to the [BRL] business including, Operations and Grid Director, CEO, CFO, Directors, Managers and staff.
- Mange Health and Safety interface with shareholder representatives and group companies. To include implementation of 11 life saving rules.
- Ownership and management of the Health, Safety and Wellbeing framework including regular update, external audit, certification, reporting, legal register and management review. The aim is to have a best in class system suitable for our business.
- Deliver internal audits as per the audit programme (NB other [BRL] Directors, Manager’s and team will be delivering inspections and audits).
- Support the business with environmental and sustainability assessments particularly around noise measurements and complaints.
- Support the procurement team with selection of competent contractors and consultants through input of to the design, delivery and performance reporting of the PQQ system.
- Support the business with contractor management in all phases to ensure they meet our business requirements.
- Represent [BRL] on relevant industry bodies e.g. SafetyOn Technical Advisory Committee. Providing feedback of relevant learning from H&S incidents, near misses and risk observations to the business.
- Identify, investigate and appraise performance improvement opportunities for the business.
With project teams plan for and manage health and safety aspects of integration of new technologies into our portfolio. To date we have built onshore wind but plan to build solar and battery projects.
- Deliver health and safety training and inductions for the business (within expertise and experience of role holder)
- Deputy chair of [BRL] H&S monthly management meeting.
- Prepare and deliver bimonthly health and safety briefings
- Be a leader, influencer and standard setter for health, safety and well being management.
- You are responsible for ensuring compliance with Group Policies for your business activities including:
- Development with Care
- Delegated authorities and wider Corporate Governance
- Environmental and Sustainability Policies
- Reporting on health safety and wellbeing performance for internal and external stakeholders.
The role will report directly into Operations and Grid Director BRL (as lead director for Health and Safety)
With our development activity spread across England, Wales and Scotland, you will be required to spend time in both our Durham and Hamilton offices, and make site visits.
Health and Safety Manager responsible for a 24/7/365 power generation operation.
- Proven work experience in health and safety management.
- Proven work experience in environmental / sustainability management.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with qualifications in, or relevant to, Engineering.
- Working knowledge of all health & safety requirements within a power, renewables or networks business including management of contractors.
- NEBOSH General Certificate. or equivalent qualification
- Full UK Driving licence and comfortable with regular travel, sometimes at short notice.
- IOSH accredited
- Experience of working in a 24/7/365 operation
- Good decision-making skills to make effective plans and decisions to avoid problems, as well as solve emerging ones.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to speak with stakeholders across the organisation and externally.
- Possess a high degree of health and safety Management, focused on leadership to maximise regulatory and business performance outcomes
- Are adept at collaboration and relationship building with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, government, and the public.
- Proactive collaborating and networking skills to work across diverse stakeholder group.
- Tactfulness to professionally handle ambiguous and complex situations.
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic challenging environment.
- Strong resilience and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Competitive salary is only one part of the many fantastic benefits you will receive if you join The Banks Group. You will also receive access to the following fantastic benefits:
- 33 days annual leave per year including bank holidays increasing with length of service.
- Offices and sites close between Christmas and New Year.
- Annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- Free parking available at all offices and sites.
- There is a genuine commitment to developing our employees professionally and personally.
- Lots of support for health and wellbeing, including discounted membership at local gym facilities, access to a free 24/7, 365 days of the year Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and access to a voluntary health cash plan which allows you to claim money back towards the cost of your essential healthcare, as well as providing access to valuable health and wellbeing services.
- Cycle2Work scheme which helps you buy a brand new bike, cycling equipment or both with Tax and National Insurance benefits.
- Generous life assurance scheme from first day of employment.
- Discounts are available via our online benefits portal, including money off at supermarkets, high street retailers, eating out, the cinema and days out at various attractions
APPLY TODAY by using the form below, or send your CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 04 February 2024. Sometimes we close a job early, so don’t delay or you might miss out.
Interviews will comprise of a two stage process with first stage interviews likely scheduled for w/c 12 February 2024.
For further information contact Joe Hulme, HR Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruitment agency queries at present required
Apply for this position
Please fill in your details and a member from the team will be in contact with you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields