Established in 2006, Banks Renewables protects natural resources by developing, operating and managing renewable and flexible electricity generation and storage. Our development team works on onshore wind, solar developments and battery storage projects from inception, throughout operation and through to completion while developing with care
You will be a persuasive character with strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills and the confidence and credibility to open doors and engage with and influence a wide range of people working together to achieve a positive outcome for all. To be successful you will also need to develop a good knowledge of the local area and the key stakeholders around each of our projects.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Devise, manage and deliver project communications and community engagement strategies in support of the Banks Renewables Limited Group’s forward programme of new developments.
- Establish and maintain close links with a range of stakeholders including MPs and their assistants, local councillors and parish councillors, local communities, local businesses, charities and voluntary community groups in the vicinity of Banks’ renewable energy projects to encourage support for each of the projects and to keep the community informed about our development proposals in their area.
- To promote the benefits associated with the work of Banks Renewables for the environment, the local community and the regional economy.
- Work within Banks Renewables project teams to devise and implement strategies to obtain community, business and political support to ensure that each new development proposal has the best chance of achieving planning success.
- You will liaise with the communications and digital marketing manager to ensure the production of engaging and relevant marketing communications material including, news releases, project brochures, web pages and an agreed programme of social media posts all with images and videos to support each of your projects.
- Prepare reports for submission with planning applications that set out how Banks Renewables has consulted with a range of stakeholders, what views were expressed and how those views have been taken into account.
- Organise and attend community meetings, workshops, public exhibitions and surgeries, open days, presentations and community surveys to promote Banks’ Renewables projects, explain the benefits of the proposals, record feedback, seek support and identify opportunities for local economic, environmental and social benefits that could be delivered by the development.
- Promote the Banks Renewables Community Fund in the communities around Banks Renewables developments and work with Banks property, homes and mining project teams to ensure that tangible economic, environmental and social benefits are delivered in the vicinity of Banks Group Renewables developments.
- Investigate and resolve community enquiries, complaints and feedback regarding any Banks Renewables Group projects.
The successful candidate will have contact with a variety of stakeholders including politicians, local community representatives, local residents, council officers and statutory consultees as well as internal project teams and external PR and digital marketing agencies.
Based at our office near Durham City you will travel extensively throughout the north of England and Scotland and must be a capable driver with a full UK driving licence. The post involves meeting with a wide variety of people and organisations and will involve attendance at occasional evening events, meetings, workshops, surgeries and exhibitions which may also require overnight stays.
- Educated to degree level and ideally you will have some experience in one of the following areas: public affairs, community relations, sales, customer relations.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and IT skills.
- You will need to be confident, credible and trustworthy.
- Resilience and the confidence to remain positive and calm.
- You must have excellent customer care and interpersonal skills and be able to develop trusting relationships with a variety of stakeholders including politicians, local community representatives, local residents, council officers and statutory consultees.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience of preparing written copy for use in promotional material, including web site, and social media.
- Experience of dealing with communication with local communities and a good understanding of planning and environmental / sustainability issues relating to new developments.
- Customer orientation, integrity and the ability to lead through influence.
- Customer champion – good listener, consistently delivers on their commitments and promises, and knows when to accept and when to challenge.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Logical planning ability. Ability to concentrate on different tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
- First class communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels including liaising with senior management and technical functions .
- A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- A positive ‘can do’ enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the challenges facing Banks Group Renewables
- A willingness to remain up-to-date regarding the latest industry developments.
- Excellent people skills
- Professional approach
- Flexible & responsive
- Comfortable with regular travel, sometimes at short notice and occasional overnight stays away from home
Competitive salary is only one part of the many fantastic benefits you will receive if you join The Banks Group. You will also receive access to the following fantastic benefits:
- 33 days annual leave per year including bank holidays increasing with length of service.
- Offices and sites close between Christmas and New Year.
- Annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- Free parking available at all offices and sites.
- There is a genuine commitment to developing our employees professionally and personally.
- Lots of support for health and wellbeing, including discounted membership at local gym facilities, access to a free 24/7, 365 days of the year Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and access to a voluntary health cash plan which allows you to claim money back towards the cost of your essential healthcare, as well as providing access to valuable health and wellbeing services.
- Cycle2Work scheme which helps you buy a brand new bike, cycling equipment or both with Tax and National Insurance benefits.
- Generous life assurance scheme from first day of employment.
- Discounts are available via our online benefits portal, including money off at supermarkets, high street retailers, eating out, the cinema and days out at various attractions
APPLY TODAY by using the form below, or send your CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 04 February 2024. Sometimes we close a job early, so don’t delay or you might miss out.
Interviews will comprise of a two stage process with first stage interviews likely scheduled for w/c 05 February 2024.
For further information contact Joe Hulme, HR Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this position
Please fill in your details and a member from the team will be in contact with you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields