• The Penny Hill Wind Farm is a locally-scaled renewable energy scheme which will provide enough electricity, on average, for between approximately six to ten per cent of households in the Rotherham area
• It has the potential to substantially contribute to UK renewable energy targets, in line with government aims
• Penny Hill wind farm is an indigenous, secure and reliable source of energy at a time of rising international energy prices and increasing instability of supply
• The wind farm funded the inception of a Warm Zone scheme for the district which will assist in fighting fuel poverty
• A community development fund has been established which will be targeted at local communities. This is being used to improve local facilities through working with existing community groups and also to improve energy efficiency and implement micro renewable generation, particularly to reduce fuel poverty, such as through the Warmer Yorkshire scheme
To find out more about the Penny Hill Wind Farm Community Fund, click here.
Before applying for a grant
Applicants MUST contact James Eaglesham, Fund Manager at the CDCF, before applying for a grant. Tel 0191 378 6342 or email email@example.com
APPLY HERE: Grant applications have to be made on line via the County Durham Community Foundation (CDCF) website.