• Potential to substantially contribute to UK targets for renewable electricity generation in line with the Government’s aims
• An indigenous, secure and reliable source of energy at a time of rising international energy prices and increasing instability of supply
• Significant investment in the local economy during construction of the wind farm, with opportunities for employment
• Long term income to agricultural businesses, supporting farm diversification
• Establishment of a community fund targeted at addressing the causes and effects of fuel poverty in local communities
The Moor House Wind Farm Fund is now supporting groups and organisations local to the wind farm and benefits from three funding streams. The first fund of £50,000 can be used for projects to improve the energy efficiency of local community buildings as well as micro-renewable projects. The second fund is a £15,000 annual community benefits fund for traditional grant giving. The third fund which is also £15,000 can be used to support training and educational needs for people within the eligible areas. For information about the Moor House Wind Farm Community Fund, please click here.