Local Planning Authority: Darlington Borough Council
Postcode of nearby property (on Sadberge access point side): DL2 1SD
Site status: Being constructed. Planning permission was granted by Darlington Borough Council planning committee on 19 October 2011. The decision issued was 30 January 2012. Preliminary site investigation work (SI) is now complete and construction work began in late 2016. The main construction work for the wind farm is now well underway and the site is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2017.
Number of turbines: 6
Tip height: 125m
Electricity generation capacity: 2 – 2.5 MW per turbine
Lifetime of wind farm:25 years plus 12 months for construction and decommissioning
• Potential to substantially contribute to UK targets for renewable electricity generation in line with the Government’s aims
• An indigenous, secure and reliable source of energy at a time of rising international energy prices and increasing instability of supply
• Significant investment in the local economy during construction of the wind farm, with opportunities for employment
• Provide long term income to agricultural businesses, supporting farm diversification
• Establishment of a community development fund targeted at addressing the causes and effects of fuel poverty in local communities
Moor House Wind Farm Community Fund
A site liaison committee is established and regular meetings are being held. Members of the liaison committee include representatives of the local community and local councillors and is chaired independently by a member of the liaison committee.
The Moor House Wind Farm Fund is now supporting groups and organisations local to the wind farm. For information about the Moor House Wind Farm Community Fund, please click here.
Before applying for a grant
Applicants MUST contact James Eaglesham, Fund Manager at the CDCF, before applying for a grant. Tel 0191 378 6342 or email email@example.com
APPLY HERE: Grant applications have to be made on line via the County Durham Community Foundation (CDCF) website.
Moor House Wind Farm Community Fund Guidelines, Oct 2017
Lambs Hill and Moor House Community Newsletter, November 2012
Moor House Newsletter, June 2011
Moor House Non Technical Summary, September 2009