Key reasons why Kype Muir has been chosen for a wind farm:
- The site has a suitable wind resource. On-site wind monitoring over the past three years has confirmed this
- The site and its immediate surroundings are not subject to any landscape, ecology or cultural heritage designations
- The site has suitable access from the local road network
- The site is located over 2 km from the closes settlement
- The site is an adequate distance from residential properties to protect residents from unacceptable noise and shadow flicker effects.
- The site is located in an area identified by South Lanarkshire Council as being suitable for wind farm development.