There are a number of reasons why we think that Knockendurrick is an excellent site for a wind farm:
- Our initial assessments have concluded that the site has an excellent wind resource.
- Due to the contours of the surrounding area the wind farm has limited visibility from the surrounding settlements.
- The proposed area of turbine development is over 3 km from the nearest village.
- The site does not lie in any special protected areas for landscaping, nature conservation or any archaeological or historic designations.
- Excellent access is provided to the site via the A75 trunk road and a short section of side road.
- Scope to help your local community deliver its long term aspirations through a unique partnership approach.
- Development is already supporting local employers, such as the Castle Douglas based Natural Power.
- With a commitment to use local businesses we will support existing jobs and create new job opportunities in area.
- Proposal could support in the area targeted training and apprenticeship scheme, to help get local people into employment.