Location: Land to the west of Whinney Lane, Harrogate. The site is around 2 miles south of Harrogate town centre
Local authority: Harrogate Borough Council
Postcode of nearby property: HG3 1QF
Size: About 12.7 hectares (31.45 acres)
Site status: Planning application submitted to Harrogate Borough Council in early May 2020
Please visit our online exhibition here
Castle Hill West exhibition posters, May 2020
The site is currently mostly agricultural land. The site has been identified for development as part of the emerging Harrogate Borough Council Local Plan.
Castle Hill West is located to the west of Whinney Lane. The proposals include around 270 new family homes with a mix of property sizes and design.
Due to Covid-19, we will be continuously updating our website, social media channels and issuing press releases to keep you informed and up to date with the progress of the development. Please feel free to contact us via any of the direct contact details below should you have any questions or comments – we’d love to hear from you.
• Around 50 – 120 direct and indirect jobs on site during construction period
• New homes bonus for Harrogate Borough Council to be used towards local services
• Additional council tax each year for Harrogate Borough Council to help pay for council services
• 270 new family homes on allocated land
• New Primary school could be built on the site
• New vehicular access from Whinney Lane utilising an approved roundabout scheme
• New footpath links to Whinney Lane and to the land west of the site
• 2.6 hectares of central public open space with landscaping
• New landscaping and planting
• New footpaths and cycle routes
Thank you for supporting our Castle Hill West, Harrogate proposal. Please enter your details in the form below and let us know your reasons for supporting Castle Hill West, Harrogate in the free text box below. Some examples are: