• Due to the nature of combined peaker and battery storage plants they have the ability to generate electricity when the cost of their fuel is low. The energy they generate is released to the grid at times of peak demand and high price. This makes them economically viable and able to create wealth and jobs.
• Access to electricity is widely regarded as a prerequisite for an appropriate / decent standard of living and social integration.
• Ensuring the sufficient provision of electricity generated by economically, environmentally and socially acceptable means continues to be an important objective for policymakers around the world. Peaker plants have a valuable part to play to balancing the grid.
• Natural gas peaker plants do not produce emissions all of the time, because they do not run all of the time. As the name implies, they run when the network experiences a peak in demand and there is not enough generation to meet that demand.
• Due to their very nature as assets that serve loads quickly and locally to meet network demand, peaker plants are often also located in more densely populated areas than other types of thermal power plant.
Thank you for supporting our Benefits proposal. Please enter your details in the form below and let us know your reasons for supporting Benefits in the free text box below. Some examples are: