• Potential to substantially contribute to UK targets for renewable electricity generation in line with the Government’s aims
• An indigenous, secure and reliable source of energy at a time of rising international energy prices and increasing instability of supply
• Significant investment in the local economy during construction of the wind farm, with opportunities for employment
• Long term income to agricultural businesses, supporting farm diversification
• Establishment of a community fund targeted at addressing the causes and effects of fuel poverty in local communities
A site liaison committee is established and regular meetings are being held. Members of the liaison committee include representatives of the local community and local councillors and is chaired independently by a member of the liaison committee.
The Moor House Wind Farm Fund is now supporting groups and organisations local to the wind farm. For information about the Moor House Wind Farm Community Fund, please click here.
Before applying for a grant
Applicants MUST contact James Eaglesham, Fund Manager at the County Durham Community Foundation (CDCF), before applying for a grant. Tel 0191 378 6342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY HERE: Grant applications have to be made on line via the CDCF website.