• Potential to contribute to UK targets for renewable electricity generation in line with government aims, in an area identified as being suitable for wind farm development
• An indigenous, secure and reliable source of energy at a time of rising international energy prices and increasing instability of supply
• Investment in the local economy during construction of the wind farm, with opportunities for employment
• Improvements and enhancements to Stillington Forest Park have been agreed and will be delivered from Autumn 2016 for 25 years
• Establishment of a community development fund which will be targeted at local communities. This could be used to improve local facilities through working with existing community groups and also to improve energy efficiency and implement micro renewable generation, particularly to reduce fuel poverty
The Lambs Hill Wind Farm Community Fund is now available for local groups and organisations to apply to, for more information on the Lambs Hill Wind Farm Community Fund, click here.
Before applying for a grant
Applicants MUST contact James Eaglesham, Fund Manager at the CDCF, before applying for a grant. Tel 0191 378 6342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY HERE: Grant applications have to be made on line via the County Durham Community Foundation (CDCF) website.