- 500K TONNES OF HIGH QUALITY NORTH EAST COAL
- £30M TO STAY IN THE UK INSTEAD OF BEING SPENT ON IMPORTED COAL
- 30 CAREERS ON SITE – 25 OF WHICH WILL BE NEW POSITIONS
- £50K COMMUNITY FUND SPECIFICALLY FOR THE BRADLEY COMMUNITIES
- 51 ACRES OF GIFTED LAND FOR A NEW NATURE RESERVE
- £500K SPENT WITH LOCAL SUPPLIERS TO DATE
The Bradley project has delivered significant benefits to the local area and community
Supporting the local economy: Bradley has delivered substantial investment into local businesses, and helped maintain the existing supply chain we have with businesses across the North East.
Bradley Surface Coal Mine Community Fund: A wide range of community projects and initiatives was supported through the Bradley Surface Mine Fund. Please check the news section on the Bradley page or get in touch to find out more about how the community was able to benefit from the Bradley project.
Restoration: Nature reserve, parkland and return to agricultural use
Community Engagement: A Bradley liaison committee was established to discuss all aspects of the project. Local residents, Councillors, community groups and organisations are all represented. Please contact us for more information.
Case Study 2: Connect 2 Banks Mining
The Connect 2 Banks Mining charter sets out how Banks Mining will support the local economies that host our mining projects. This will be achieved by:
- Maximising the benefits available from each of our surface mines for local people and for the local economy.
- Creating new employment, training and/or education opportunities for local people.
- Directly support local businesses by encouraging them to join the Banks Mining supply chain
Community Newsletter: Please see the Bradley Community Newsletter, June 2018, for further information too