We believe that where land is to be developed, it should be done in a way that delivers economic, social, educational and environmental benefits to your local community. That’s why a really important part of every Banks development is you. We also believe that the design and implementation of our projects should always take your interests and the views of your local community into account.
The Banks Group community team works within the communities closest to our developments providing information to you about our proposals, encouraging your feedback and looking for community projects that we may be able to support through The Banks Community Fund.
Development with care is central to the aims and objectives of our business. The phrase ideally describes how we interact with people inside and outside our company and it is the guiding principle of the way we carry out our business at all times.
We are committed to delivering excellence and innovation in our engagement with you and your local community throughout the life of our projects in your local area by:
- Taking a collaborative and inclusive approach and working hard to earn your trust, publishing clear information about our development proposals and providing opportunities for you and your community to participate.
- Welcoming your feedback which is invaluable and helps us to understand your local community’s issues, needs and values.
- Seeking to work collaboratively with you, utilising a range of innovative engagement methods to help shape the design of our proposed new developments and to keep in touch with you throughout the life of our operations.
We want to make a positive contribution to your local community by:
- Working with you to identify and prioritise the needs of your local community and endeavour to make a difference by providing support that delivers a lasting positive legacy.
To ensure that our new developments provide communities which are inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- We will always strive to design attractive new property developments that provide facilities and infrastructure to encourage both your existing and the new communities to thrive together.
We will share the benefits of our business with the local communities that host our developments by:
- Continuing to support and invest in eligible local community groups and voluntary organisations through the Banks Community Fund by funding new and improved community amenities, environmental projects and biodiversity enhancements.
- Working in partnership with you and your community we will also look to identify priorities for local initiatives and improvements to your local area that our developments can support such as new amenities, cycleways, footpaths or highway improvements, enhancements to community buildings, community renewable energy projects, biodiversity enhancements projects, or sporting facilities.
To make a positive impact on your local economy.
- We will look to provide opportunities for your local businesses wherever possible encouraging them to join our supply chain.
To support your local community with education:
- We will also seek to engage with your local schools, colleges, universities and community groups to further their participation with our developments and to inspire people to develop careers in our sectors.
For more information on how we work with local people and communities that host our developments.