The Banks Group has a dedicated community team – pictured above. From left to right are: Jeannie Raine, community relations manager; Lewis Stokes, community relations manager; Chris Kelsey, communications manager and Mark Dowdall, environment and community director.
The Banks Group community team works within the communities closest to our sites providing information to local people, encouraging a two way dialogue between local people and the specific project team and identify community projects that may benefit from The Banks Community Fund.
Development with care is central to the aims and objectives of our business. The phrase ideally describes how we interact with people inside and outside our company and it is the guiding principle of the way we carry out our business at all times. The key aspects of development with care include:
- To inform the local community or its representatives of our intentions to ensure they have an opportunity to respond to our proposals
- For our schemes to provide tangible benefits to local people, maximising both community and environmental benefits
- To encourage open channels of communication with the community throughout the life of the scheme.
- To be transparent with regard to environmental and planning issues
- To involve the community in the design stages of our proposals where possible
For more information on how we work with local people and communities that host our developments please see: Banks Group Community brochure, Working with your community, March 2014