WIND FARM SITE MANAGER, HOME / NORTH WEST ENGLAND / SOUTH WEST SCOTLAND
£ Circa £45k
Banks Renewables develops renewable energy solutions to meet society’s increasing demand for electricity and heat. At Banks Renewables we believe that renewable energy is an essential component of the UK’s energy mix. We are committed to developing new energy generation from proven technologies ranging from wind farms to energy from waste schemes. For more information see: https://www.banksgroup.co.uk/
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
For allocated sites (initially Armistead and Heysham):
1. Proactively manage the health and safety on operational projects ensuring that the relevant Banks Group health and safety policies are applied. Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements, deliver Site Inductions, Supervise Contractors where required and carry out sample safety audits.
2. Proactively manage the environmental and community impact of the operational projects and ensure that ‘Development with Care’ and the relevant Banks Group environmental policies are applied. This is delivered with support from the Community Team
3. Maximise the long term financial returns of the operational projects by maximising power generated and controlling operational costs.
a. Carry out monthly site and HV equipment inspections
b. Produce manage and supervise the annual maintenance plan
c. Co-ordinate all works on site with support from the Control Room
d. Keep the site clear of waste
e. Provide a 24 x 365days emergency response service on a rota basis with a maximum of 4 hour response to site.
f. Provide a 0600 – 2200 x 365days HV call out service on a rota basis with a maximum 4 hour response to site.
g. Perform HV switching, isolation and safety documentation issue as an Authorised Person for OEM and Balance of Plant maintenance and fault repair works
h. Keep site asset registers, risk registers and action plans up to date
i. Support handover process of wind farms from Construction to Operations
4. Support the development of Operations towards a class leading 220MW+ renewable operation.
5. Manage stakeholder relationships on the operational projects including community liaison and management of complaints. This is delivered with support from the Community Team. Manage the local operational interface with Landowners
6. Feedback lessons learnt from operational projects to the Development and Construction teams.
Support other Wind Farm Site Managers with management of their sites, covering holiday, sickness, HV work or peaks in workload.
Within the skills and capabilities of the job holder; support the Renewables Development team and or other Group companies with progressing projects. Examples could include site finding or assessment, property site inspections or monitoring.
7. Report progress against agreed objectives to the Grid and Operations Manager as directed. Ensure that management information and KPI’s in respect of your responsibilities and work are produced monthly to show progress against targets.
8. Analyse operational performance and take action on results including feedback of learning to development teams.
9. Actively promote the image of the Banks Group to ensure we are regarded as a first class company.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
1. Turbine availability: Achieve Warranted (96/7%) Real: Within 1% of Warranted level
2. Ensure value added turbine efficiency improvements of x%
3. Manage maintenance spend within agreed budget (£xxxs) & compliance with all timelines.
4. Achieve all required response times
5. Zero RIDDORs on all site work
6. Delivery of Habitat Management Plan
7. 100% site safety audit completion & follow up
8. 100% contractor & sub-contractor site inductions
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
You will have previous experience in a field-based role, and will be capable of liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to maximise the financial returns for all our wind farms and other energy projects. It is essential that you have experience or are able to train as an Authorised Person for HV switching and can supervise all relevant maintenance. You will hold an HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering / Electronics as a minimum and will be IOSH qualified. You must have experience of managing sub-contractors and demonstrate the ability to remain calm under pressure. In this fast-paced environment, it is essential that you can successfully manage a large number of different tasks and prioritise them accordingly. In addition, you will have a flexible approach to work, being prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice, to resolve operational issues at any site. A full UK driving licence is therefore an essential prerequisite.
Regular travel will be required between the operating windfarm sites in North West England. Occasional travel to operating wind farm sites in South Lanarkshire, North East England, Yorkshire and the Hamilton and Meadowfield offices will also be required. The incumbent will be expected to undertake light manual duties whilst on site as required and may occasionally be required to work at height. He/she will also be expected to create accurate and timely asset efficiency reports and attend review meetings with all internal and external stakeholders. The Site Manager will operate with minimum supervision, and the freedom to make decisions based upon technical and operational knowledge/guidelines and safe working practices.
Internal: Daily contact with the Grid & Operations Manager. Regular contact with Renewables technical personnel and development team for projects in development. Occasional interface with Estates Manager to ensure landowner relationships are well maintained.
External: Senvion and Nordex regional manager & equipment engineers. Point of contact for all contractor services personnel, including field engineers. Landowners/tenants of sites. HMP contractors. Control Room personnel.
• Self-starter capable of working remotely, and as part of a team
• Excellent communicator at all levels
• Diligent; good attention to detail; thorough in approach
• Good planning & organising skills
• Exercises sound judgement & composure under pressure
• Flexible & responsive (comfortable with potential call outs)
• Comfortable with regular travel, sometimes at short notice
The closing date for applications is 29 March 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing 1 April 2019
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter detailing your relevant experience by email to: email@example.com
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100. The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.