TECHNICAL SUMMER PLACEMENT, MEADOWFIELD, DURHAM
£ Up to £17,500 per annum, pro rata
Banks Renewables develops renewable energy solutions to meet society’s increasing demand for electricity and heat. At Banks Renewables we believe that renewable energy is an essential component of the UK’s energy mix. We are committed to developing new energy generation from proven technologies ranging from wind farms to energy from waste schemes.
We have an opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Engineering undergraduate to join our Renewables Team in Meadowfield, Durham for a summer placement. Some travel to operational and development sites and our Hamilton office is expected to be required.
If you are looking for summer work relating to your degree studies with exposure to the real work environment and on the job learning, read on.
The dates for the placement are estimated to be from late June / early July 2019 to late Sept 2019, circa 10-12 weeks.
Reporting to the Banks Group Grid and Operations Manager, you will be involved in the delivery of a number of business-driven short term projects during the placement, such as:
- Analysis of existing wind farms to identify which are the best performing turbines to assist with future site design or optimisation
- Grid capacity assessment as part of site finding work
- Detailed analysis of existing wind farm fault performance to identify trends
- Investigation and assessment of options for turbine performance improvements such as blade root extensions or vortex generators
- Populating and formatting an Asset Register for operational wind farms
- Water Quality / Road Survey Monitoring
- Project programme tracking / mapping
- Offsite highways construction exercise/service plans / Batcave detailing / Aquifer impact
The deadline for applications is 18 March 2019. Interviews will be held weeks commencing 25 March 2019
Interview process comprises of an interview and a Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience and interests to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.