SERVICE OPERATIVE PLANT,
£ 10.11 per hour with a minimum of 39 hours a week
The mining division aims to be the safest, most responsible and most efficient operator and restorer of surface mines in the UK. We have worked and restored over 110 surface coal mines and restored thousands of acres of land since the business was started in 1976. We are committed to working with local communities to develop sites with care for the environment. This is balanced with mining in the most sustainable way possible to ensure the country has sufficient power to meet its growing energy needs.
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM
- Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
- Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- New car discounts with certain dealerships
- Carry out all tasks in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
- Carry out machine start up as required in relation to the machines allocated to you.
- Check machine fluid levels and correct compartment levels with accurate quantity and specific oil types as or when required.
- Assist in the maintenance, servicing and repairs of the plant equipment that is included in the fleet under the instruction of their Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensure that their work area, machine, vehicle and the tooling used is in a safe, clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure that the safety check sheet for the machine or the vehicle they are using are complete and report any defects found via the defect reporting system.
- Complete in full and with adequate detail all the relevant documentation that is required in association with the allocated tasks and job role.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Must attain a Banks internal competency licence.
- Must attain and complete the modular programme relating to the specific role of the Banksman.
- Must actively work to complete the Plant Department Matrix skills development programme.
- Organised and self-disciplined
- Safety and environmentally aware
- Resourcefulness and motivation
- First-rate concentration and focus.
- Mechanical knowledge and dexterity.
- Attention to detail and high quality of work.
- Capable of following instruction and directions given in all formats.
- Effective communicator using all formats and the communication devices issued.
You will spend the vast majority of their working day on a surface mining site providing assistance to the plant maintenance team in the servicing and repairs to the plant equipment and various non operated plant. You may also be required to work at different sites or other locations as the needs of the Company or Department changes or dictates.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.