SERVICE OPERATIONS MANAGER, West Cornforth, County Durham
£ Up to £45k
Based in Durham, the Banks Group is a family-owned business with a diverse range of energy and property projects including surface coal mines, onshore wind farms and commercial and residential property developments. Founded in 1976, as a surface coal mining business, the organisation’s success ultimately paved the way for expansion into property development and renewable energy with the business now employing more than 340 people.
For more information see: https://www.banksgroup.co.uk/
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM
- Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
- Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- New car discounts with certain dealerships
Deliver tactical maintenance operational goals and objectives through strong communication at all cross departmental levels supported with agreed commitments and ensuring downtime windows are fully exploited with sufficient resources in place to execute successfully.
Operational Service Delivery
Deliver exceptionally high operational service by implementing a proactive maintenance program executed by a customer centric team in accordance with business safety and quality standards.
Drive efficiency through continuous evaluation of maintenance practice and procedures enabling a responsive and dynamic maintenance strategy that anticipates challenges, identifies risk and initiates measures to mitigate accordingly.
Safety Culture & Engagement
Elevate Plant Department safety and engagement by demonstrating safety leadership, encouraging a positive safety culture and mentoring team members to exceed performance expectations.
Improvement and Optimisation
Deliver further improvements by identifying and presenting opportunities to improve maintenance operational practices, drive efficiency and reduce cost base.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Technical and service engineering knowledge with practical application experience
- Customer facing experience
- Departmental profit and loss management experience
- Asset management knowledge
- Team management and leadership experience
- Positive safety culture experience
- Change management experience
- Good communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Resilient when faced with the resistance to change or adherence to protocol
- Results orientated
- Basic application of continuous improvement methodology
- Basic project management abilities
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Commercial awareness
- Self-starter, able to undertake work and projects upon their own initiative
The deadline for applications is 7 December 2018
Interviews will be held weeks commencing 10 and 17 December 2018
Interview process comprises of first stage face to face interview. Successful candidates will be invited for second stage face to face interview with Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: email@example.com
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.