PROPERTY PROJECT MANAGER, Meadowfield, Durham
As one of the UKs most successful land development teams, Banks Property develop and reclaim land for commercial and residential property development. With sites ranging in size from less than an acre to sites exceeding 300 acres, we are committed to creating sustainable communities where people want to work and live.
You will be tasked with leading a number of the new projects coming forward in both our North East and Yorkshire areas as well as taking on some of our strategic development projects already engaged in promotion through the local plan process. You will manage these sites through the development cycle, gaining consent to progress the projects through their respective gateway reviews and ultimately determining the strategy to gain planning permission for the site.
The Property Development team are keen to find a new, enthusiastic and motivated individual who can join us in delivering new, valuable property projects into the existing portfolio and help us move the business forward into the future.
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM
- Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
- Annual bonus depending upon Company and individual performance
- Car allowance in lieu of a company vehicle
- Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- New car discounts with certain dealerships
To deliver all projects on time and within budget, taking into account all reasonable precautions to counter unforeseen, external influences. The job holder will continually lead activity to deliver the strategy of the project, drive down unit costs and improve profitability through risk management approach, by improving project efficiency without impairing standards of quality and safety.
Management of projects undertaking the following tasks/areas of work include:
- Working with the Senior Property Development Manager and Directors in implementing project strategy
- Leadership of the project team to develop concepts into design solutions
- Co-ordination and preparation of commercial assessments and appraisals in conjunction with business team and engineering functions
- Preparation of Key Review reports, Board reports
- Management and chairing meetings
- Co-ordinating determination of planning applications
- Successful negotiation of planning or technical issues during the design and development phases
- Health & Safety co-ordination on the projects
- Undertaking Risk assessments on sites
- Budget preparation and management
- Co-ordination and preparation of planning applications
- Negotiation of planning conditions and section 106 agreements
- Project team establishment and management
- Project planning and programme management.
- Determining briefs for teams/consultants with functional teams managers
- Marketing and sales of development sites
- Project administration
Development of new property schemes identified through acquisition, planning and implementation.
Actively promote the project management philosophy within the organisation and ensure compliance with Project Management Protocol, Key Review Structure and Group Systems.
Ensure that all projects have objectives, time, budget and quality targets agreed with the Senior Property Development Manager and Directors.
Ensure that monthly management information and KPM’s in respect of your projects are produced monthly to show progress against targets.
Report to the Senior Property Development Manager and to assist in tasks as required on property projects within the programme.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Formal recognised property-related Qualification (RICS or MRTPI preferred).
- Aptitude for project management ethos, gained in a property sector related environment.
- Able to lead multi-disciplinary teams to consistently high-performance levels.
- High levels of numeracy and literacy, including report writing.
- Three years plus experience of managing projects in the development industry. The successful candidate will have experience of working in a development role and have knowledge of the planning system and planning policy.
SKILLS AND APTITUDE
- Commercially minded, with a clear understanding of the criteria that businesses use to assess project feasibility and acceptability.
- At ease working at senior management level within an organisation.
- Must have a natural affinity with people and a high level of self-awareness.
- High personal resilience when promoting changes to the status quo.
- Capable of handling several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent project planning, organisational and management skills.
- First class communication skills (written & verbal).
The deadline for applications is 19 April 2019.
Interview process comprises of first stage face to face interview. Successful candidates will be invited for second stage face to face interview with Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter, detailing your relevant experience and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.