PROJECT SECRETARY, MEADOWFIELD, DURHAM
£ UP TO £21K
We are a family owned, County Durham based company employing around 350 people across the north of England and Scotland with a turnover of in excess of £100 million. We develop land for a variety of uses including surface coal mining, residential and commercial property and renewable energy. We take major long term multi-million pound development projects through from inception to completion including gaining all planning permissions.
For more information see: https://www.banksgroup.co.uk/
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM
- Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
- Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Health and well being discounts
- New car discounts with certain dealerships
ACCOUNTABILITIES/ TYPICAL DUTIES
To assist in achievement of business objectives by providing administrative support to Project Managers and allocated staff as required.
Project Secretary on allocated projects providing an efficient and high-quality service to the project team:
- Preparation and distribution of core documentation – key reviews, sales packs, board reports, scoping reports, planning applications, including CD’s and DVD’s.
- Effective follow through and record management for core documentation in liaison with the Project Manager. Filing both hard copies and electronic copies. Up-dating various databases, ensuring documents are accurately signed off.
- Effective organisation of project meetings, taking minutes where appropriate. Circulating minutes and chasing action points via the Project Manager.
- Arranging and attending exhibitions/drop-in sessions, which can run into the evening.
- Diary management of various meetings including internal and external; photo shoots and project key review etc.
- Set up and monitor allocated project mail boxes and operational mail boxes.
Provide secretarial and administrative support to allocated personnel:
- Handling, organising and prioritising correspondence (by post and e-mail).
- Provide IT support using Microsoft Office for correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, presentations etc.
- Diary management (multiple diaries) – organise, manage and co-ordinate activities and events.
Provide support to other team members:
- Assisting colleagues with workload where necessary.
- Providing support for holiday cover.
- Drive to regional offices to provide cover / assistance (an overnight stay may be required) and on occasion deliver documents to other offices in the region. A company vehicle would be provided for this purpose.
- Attendance and quality of contribution at team meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally educated to a high standard having GCSE Maths and English and must have at least two years secretarial experience, with a typing speed of 45wpm and minute taking.
- Excellent level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. One-drive desirable.
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
SKILLS AND APTITUDE
- Professional, organised and systematic in approach
- A proactive and flexible team player.
- Ability to multitask, hitting key deadlines as required
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- A natural influencer with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- A commitment to customer service excellence.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure without supervision, in a safe, efficient and responsible manner.
- A problem solver and results orientated.
- A self-starter with initiative and self-motivation.
The closing date for applications is 4 January 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing 14 January 2019.
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter detailing your relevant experience by email to: email@example.com
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.