PLANT TECHNICIAN, SHOTTON SURFACE MINE, CRAMLINGTON
£ 14.57 p/h
The mining division aims to be the safest, most responsible and most efficient operator and restorer of surface mines in the UK. We have worked and restored over 110 surface coal mines and restored thousands of acres of land since the business was started in 1976. We are committed to working with local communities to develop sites with care for the environment. This is balanced with mining in the most sustainable way possible to ensure the country has sufficient power to meet its growing energy needs.
The Plant Technician will utilise their specialised experience and decision making skills to prioritise diagnostics, repairs and maintenance to plant equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manner to achieve all Plant Department target and objectives.
- Carry out all tasks in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
- Lead and prioritise fault finding analysis using specialised experience, diagnostic tooling and technology available.
- Prioritise the carrying out of servicing, repairs and maintenance to the machines and equipment included in the plant fleet as instructed by their line Manger/Supervisor.
- Ensure that the work area and the tooling to be used is safe, certified (where applicable), clean and tidy.
- Complete in full with significant detail all the relevant documentation that is required in association with the allocated tasks.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Must attain a Banks internal competency licence.
- Must hold or are working towards a minimum NVQ level 3 in plant maintenance or equivalent qualification.
- Must attain and complete the modular programme relating to the specific role of the plant mechanic.
- Must actively work to complete the plant department matrix skills development programme.
- Decision making
- Organised and self-disciplined
- Safety and environmental awareness
- Initiative and motivation
- Ability to prioritise
- Capable of following instruction and directions given in all formats
- First-rate concentration and focus
- Exceptional specialised mechanical knowledge, experience and dexterity
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Effective communicator using all formats and the communication devices issued
You will spend the vast majority of your working day working outdoors in a surface mine repairing and servicing earth moving equipment and various non operated plant. You may also be required to work at different sites or other locations as the needs of the business change or dictates.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.