PLANT MECHANIC – GRADE 1, SHOTTON SURFACE MINE, CRAMLINGTON
£ 12.19 p/h
The mining division aims to be the safest, most responsible and most efficient operator and restorer of surface mines in the UK. We have worked and restored over 110 surface coal mines and restored thousands of acres of land since the business was started in 1976. We are committed to working with local communities to develop sites with care for the environment. This is balanced with mining in the most sustainable way possible to ensure the country has sufficient power to meet its growing energy needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a newly or recently qualified person who has completed the relevant apprenticeship in plant mechanics and is ready to continue to progress their knowledge and experience with lesser supervision. The Grade 1 Plant Mechanic will utilise their skill and knowledge to carry out diagnostics, repairs and maintenance to the plant equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manner to achieve all Plant Department target and objectives.
- Carrying out all tasks in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
- Provide fault finding analysis using experience, diagnostic tooling and technology available.
- Carry out servicing, repairs and maintenance to the machines and equipment included in the plant fleet as instructed by your line manager/supervisor.
- Ensure that your work area and the tooling to be used is safe, certified (where applicable), clean and tidy.
- Complete in full with significant detail all the relevant documentation that is required in association with the allocated tasks.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Must attain a Banks internal competency licence.
- Must hold or are working towards a minimum NVQ level 3 in plant maintenance or equivalent qualification.
- Must attain and complete the modular programme relating to the specific role of the plant mechanic.
- Must actively work to complete the plant department matrix skills development programme.
You will spend the vast majority of your working day working outdoors in a surface mine repairing and servicing earth moving equipment and various non operated plant. You may also be required to work at different sites or other locations as the needs of the business change or dictates.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.