PLANNING PLACEMENT STUDENT, MEADOWFIELD, DURHAM
£ UP TO £23K
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM:
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
We are seeking Planning Placement Students with an interest in planning, site finding or project management to join our highly respected and expanding Planning team. The planning team covers all stages of the development cycle from initial site finding, preparation of planning applications, securing planning permission to the sales/operational phase. Working as part of our planning team you will benefit from support and guidance from our senior staff to deliver a variety of complex planning projects.
• Assisting in the preparation of Planning and Environmental Statements, planning applications and reserve matter applications for new mining, renewable energy, and large-scale property projects
• Researching, collecting and preparing information to support the development of our projects
• Liaising with and developing good working relationships with local planning authorities, other agencies, consultants and community representatives
• Assisting in the submission and management of planning applications
• Assisting with identifying surveys required for different sites and procuring consultants to carry out the work
• Assisting in proof-reading technical reports and liaising with consultants
• Assisting in the promotion of our development projects at community engagement events
• Assisting in the preparation of evidence to support appeals against the refusal of planning permission
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• RTPI/RICS Accredited Town Planning or Geography degree or closely related degree
• Good understanding of the UK Planning System
• UK/EU driving license
The role will be based at our Head Office in Meadowfield, Durham. There will be occasional travel involved, this will predominantly be North East based.
The deadline for applications is 30 April 2019. Interview process comprises of face to face interview.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: email@example.com. For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.