GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT SURVEYOR – PROPERTY, GARFORTH, LEEDS
£ Up to £23k
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM:
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Company Car
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
To assist in the acquisition and progression of property sites in Yorkshire to enable Banks Property Limited (BPL) to meet annual targets and objectives as set out in the Property Business Plan.
• To work with the Land Manager (LM) to motivate the team and assess business opportunities.
• Working with the BPL team, identify new sites, and prepare the development strategy, identify and approach landowners and agree negotiation strategies with the LM.
• Build relationships with local stakeholders including land agents, landowners, communities, and local government officers.
• Ensure that all projects meet the parameters set in the Business Plan, specifically to make sure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Be responsible for the appointment of external consultants in accordance with Group procurement protocol.
• Ensure compliance with the Banks Quality Project Management system where appropriate to the delivery of your key job tasks. Ensure that all projects being managed have an up to date Health and Safety Plan.
• To assist project teams in the preparation of planning applications and progressing projects through the Key Review system.
• Liaise with landowners, agents and solicitors to ensure that agreements and contractual responsibilities are being progressed in line with the approved strategy.
• To build contact within the property sector across the Yorkshire region through CPD events, internal and external networking events.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Identification of new development prospects.
• Provide effective support to project teams to ensure that planning applications are timely and successful.
• Provision of accurate, concise and timely information to support the LM.
• Effective co-ordination of all parties (internal & external) in pursuance of land agreements.
• Creation and issue of the monthly Prospects and Projects Report.
• Technical support to the team to enable project profit objectives and Banks Group commitments to be positioned and changed where required.
• To present a highly professional and competent image when dealing with external parties, being an ambassador for the Development With Care philosophy and promoting the Banks Group brand.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate or equivalent, with experience or qualifications in surveying, planning, geography, economics, development or land management.
The role will be split between working from the Yorkshire Office, meetings at Head Office and a regular requirement to visit targeted sites to meet landowners or their representatives. A company car will be provided.
Working closely with all internal stakeholders and external parties such as landowners, their legal representatives, and agents. He/she will work closely with the LM and project team. The job holder will need to maintain an appropriate professional network to ensure that expert advice or research can be acquired in a cost effective and timely manner.
Effective at both working independently and within a team
A positive and driven approach to advancing projects
Excellent communicator both written & verbal
Commercially astute to understand the commercial implications of negotiation
Diligent, with high attention to detail
Proactive, motivated and used to working in a fast-paced environment
The deadline for applications is 1 May 2019. Interviews will be held week commencing 13 May 2019. Interview process comprises of first stage face to face interview.
Successful candidates will be invited for second stage face to face interview with Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: email@example.com. For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.