LAND / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, HAMILTON, SCOTLAND
Banks Renewables develops renewable energy solutions to meet society’s increasing demand for electricity and heat. At Banks Renewables we believe that renewable energy is an essential component of the UK’s energy mix. We are committed to developing new energy generation from proven technologies ranging from wind farms to energy from waste schemes. For more information see: https://www.banksgroup.co.uk/
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
• Car cash allowance
1) To identify new renewable energy opportunities for the company across Scotland, or specific areas in Northern England as may be agreed from time to time with the Senior Business Development Manager, which fulfil the requirements of the company as set out in the Renewables Business Plan or by the Renewables Board.
2) To provide support to the Senior Business Development Manager and the wider team in their efforts to develop a successful business plan and to provide specific help with land acquisition, estates and business development areas.
3) Sites should be identified pre-planning and wherever possible avoid competition.
4) Prepare the initial development concept, identify and approach landowners and agree site and individual negotiating strategies with the Senior Business Development Manager.
5) Use internal and external resources to take projects successfully through stages of approval.
6) Agree and review the site finding strategy and requirements on a regular basis.
7) Requirement to negotiate and conclude a range of land agreements on behalf of the company, however all efforts must be agreed with the Senior Business Development Manager and always be subject to the approval of the Board.
8) Prepare financial appraisals and obtain approval for initial budgets to progress sites through the internal review process.
9) Liaise with the wider BRL team members to support delivery of projects.
10) Conform to the Banks Quality Project Management System as it relates to the job.
11) On occasion, be required to represent the Company at liaison meetings and landowner meetings etc., out with normal working hours.
12) Work with the wider BRL team members to achieve both individual and the Company’s Key Financial and Non-Financial targets.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
1) Achievement of a portfolio of renewable energy sites which are located out with significant. technical constraints and with good planning prospects.
2) Delivery of prospect and project milestones on time.
3) Commercial value of project is maximised at all times.
4) All new sites have a clear, understood deliverable strategy.
5) Sufficient resources are made available to projects to avoid delay or reduction in quality.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in site acquisition, with good knowledge of development and land use planning
• Confident and experienced negotiator
• Renewables experience preferred
• Relevant professional qualifications e.g. RICS desirable but not essential
• Educated to Degree level
• Full driving licence
• Experience in using appropriate IT tools to deliver efficiency and functionality
The role will be based at the Banks Office in Hamilton with visits to the Banks Head Office in Meadowfield, Durham required.
Extensive travel will be required across Scotland and potentially Northern England. A company car allowance will be provided in lieu of a company car.
The role will report directly to the Senior Business Development Manager by means of a weekly face to face meeting and daily conversations to discuss site specific issues. Almost daily liaison with key members of the BRL team and Project Secretaries, specifically to ensure all land and business development goals are progressed to deliver targeted key review stages and milestones.
The role will require regular community liaison with a broad range of external stakeholders such as landowners and agents, legal advisors, consultants and local authorities.
The closing date for applications is 28 June 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing 8 July 2019
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter detailing your relevant experience by email to: email@example.com
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100. The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.