BANKS RENEWABLES WIND FARM SITE MANAGER, HAMILTON
£ Competitive Salary + Company Vehicle + Benefits
The Banks Group develops, with care, land for a variety of uses including surface coal mining; property and renewable energy. It is a family owned, County Durham based, business employing over 350 people across the north of England and Scotland.
Banks Renewables develops renewable energy solutions to meet society’s increasing demand for electricity and heat. We are committed to generating power from renewable technologies such as onshore wind farms and solar farms. Our experienced development team works with landowners and takes projects from inception to completion, handling all aspects of the planning and delivery process. ‘Development with care’ is at the heart of everything we do and means we develop all our sites in close consultation with the local community.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an organised and proactive individual to manage a number of our operational wind farms located in southern Scotland.
- As site manager, you will be the first point of contact for all operations and service maintenance aspects of the wind farms, supervising and coordinating the work activities of all sub-contractors and field engineers on our sites
- The role will be key to enforcing all aspects of site health and safety, being the custodian of company policies and the lead role in safety inductions, reviews and site inspections
- Confident and articulate, you will liaise with the local communities and landowners, addressing any operational concerns and managing complaints effectively
- You will have previous experience in a field-based role, and will be capable of liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to maximise the financial returns for all our wind farms. It is essential that you have experience as an authorised person for high voltage switching and can supervise all relevant maintenance
- You will also hold a Higher National Certificate (HNC) or equivalent in electrical engineering / electronics as a minimum and will be IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) qualified
- You must have experience of managing sub-contractors and demonstrate the ability to remain calm under pressure. In this fast-paced environment, it is essential that you can successfully manage a large number of different tasks and prioritise them accordingly. In addition, you will have a flexible approach to work, being prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice, to resolve operational issues at any site
- A full UK driving licence is essential
To apply for this post please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter to email@example.com as soon as possible.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.