ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT, MEADOWFIELD, DURHAM
£ Up to £30k
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM:
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
The job holder represents an important support role within the Finance Team; responsible for assisting the team with the preparation of monthly management accounts, yearly statutory accounts and audit, ad-hoc reporting and dealing with day to day tasks.
Monthly management accounts
• Support the Group Financial Controller and the Mining Management Accountant with the month end process by:
o Posting journals into the accounting software
o Carry out reconciliations of key balances
o Perform analysis work including reviewing actual spend and explaining variances to budget
• With support and direction from the Group Financial Controller and Business Analyst, work within Sage to:
o Prepare companies for the current year end, assisting with collecting and inputting disclosure information.
o Proof-reading accounts
o Preparing company accounts
Year end audit
• Assist with information gathering for auditors and for tax provisions, using information from the accounting software and matching to information held within each entities year end file.
• Carry out any other ad-hoc work as required that will support the Group Financial Controller and Mining Management Accountant to produce smooth and efficient
monthly management accounts, the yearly statutory accounts and audit, and the yearly business plan.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Delivery of accurate timely information
• Positive feedback regarding clarity and integrity of reporting
TECHNCIAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• AAT qualified and/or part qualified ACCA/CIMA
• Experience in preparing monthly management accounts
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Preferable – experience using Dimensions, Focal Point
The role is central to the Finance Team and is based at Head Office in Meadowfield. It is envisaged there will be only minimal travel to other sites.
The role will report directly to the Group Financial Controller and will work alongside the Mining Management Accountant additionally. The role will also entail direct interaction with non-finance staff within the Group.
• Highly motivated to support the finance team to deliver results to timescale and with a high level of accuracy
• Team working and flexibility to aid resilience
• Excellent interpersonal skills when liaising with staff and external auditors
• Good judgement, showing logical decision making, and a hands-on approach
• Self-motivated, capable of working independently and as part of a team
• Ability to demonstrate diligence and a strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
• Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic challenging environment/
• A positive ‘can do’ enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Banks Group
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
The deadline for applications is 19 April 2019. Interviews will be held week commencing 29 April 2019. Interview process comprises of first stage face to face interview. Successful candidates will be invited for second stage face to face interview with Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: email@example.com. For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.