The mining division aims to be the safest, most responsible and most efficient operator and restorer of surface mines in the UK. We have worked and restored over 110 surface coal mines and restored thousands of acres of land since the business was started in 1976. We are committed to working with local communities to develop sites with care for the environment. This is balanced with mining in the most sustainable way possible to ensure the country has sufficient power to meet its growing energy needs.
• To ensure all visitors are given courteous and clear instructions with regards to car parking and moving safely to and from the areas they are authorised to visit
• To record all persons entering or leaving the site and enter into our Gatehouse system.
• To monitor and operate company security cameras.
• To accept incoming calls out with normal hours and pass on messages
• To patrol and inspect designated areas at agreed times
• To report any incidents to security supervisor and/or site management, police and emergency services, emergency contacts/contractors, as appropriate, in accordance with approved procedures
• To help prevent loss or damage to company property by applying approved security procedures
• To check all buildings and storage containers are properly secured when not in use.
• To keep the Gatehouse in a clean and tidy condition.
This role will predominantly be based at our Shotton site, Cramlington but may be required to cover at other sites from time to time.
12 hour nightshifts (18:45-06:45) on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday totalling 48 hours per week. Flexibility required for holiday cover.