Banks Renewables develops renewable energy solutions to meet society’s increasing demand for electricity and heat. At Banks Renewables we believe that renewable energy is an essential component of the UK’s energy mix. We are committed to developing new energy generation from proven technologies.
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Annual bonus depending upon Company and individual performance
• Company Car Allowance
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
To support the growth and diversification of the renewable energy business.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of established solar and flexibility services projects through the project life cycle.
The objectives of this role will be to bring experience and expertise in the efficient delivery of solar and energy flexibility projects from the point of site identification, through the planning, consenting, due diligence, procurement, financing and construction phases prior to the handover of the project to the Operations team.
You will lead, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary internal and external teams within an agreed framework to achieve business aspirations.
The individual would be joining a growing and dynamic team who work in a collaborative and close-knit environment with everyone buying in as necessary to deliver the businesses aspirations for value creation and growth in the renewable energy.
• Degree level or equivalent qualification – nonspecific but renewables focus desirable.
• At least 5 years of project management and leadership on multiple phases of commercial scale renewable energy developments – solar and flexibility services preferred.
• Base level understanding of project management principles PRINCE 2, APM or RICS qualifications.
• Proven leadership and people management skills.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the management and leadership of multidisciplinary project teams.
• Solid understanding of renewable energy technologies.
• Sound knowledge of the town and country planning process and the necessities for achieving deliverable planning consents.
• Solid understanding of project finance, valuation methods, budgeting practices and general understanding of accounting principles.
• Detailed understanding of risk identification, measurement, reporting and mitigation principles.
• Track record of strategy development and implementation in the delivery of complex projects providing examples of solar projects.
• IOSH Certified or other relevant Health and Safety qualification.
• Track record of managing multiple projects at the same time.
• MS Project proficient.
• Fully IT proficient.
• Degree in environmental, renewable energy, property or other science background.
• Professional qualification RICS, IEMA, APM or other relevant qualification.
• Whole life experience from site identification through financing and due diligence to construction and delivery.
• Track record of tendering, negotiating and implementing key contracts (Construction, TSA, PPA, financing, planning agreements).
•Demonstrable understanding of the UK political system.
• Mental dexterity and flexibility in approach to problem solving.
• Able to critically analyse self and seeks to continuously improve.
• Logical planning and decision-making abilities.
• Able to motivate team members.
• Integrity, honesty and the ability to lead through influence.
• Good listener, consistently delivers on their commitments and promises, and knows when to accept and when to challenge.
• Able to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
• Able to work with minimum or no supervision.
• Proven ability to partner with internal customers, partners and stakeholders in a manner that results in mutually positive outcomes and credibility.
• Ability to role model actions and behaviours consistent with the company values.
• Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (including written).
• Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic challenging environment.
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• A positive ‘can do’ enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Banks Group
• High personal resilience when promoting changes to the status quo.
• Comfortable with regular UK travel, sometimes at short notice.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 1 June 2021. Interview process comprises of first stage interview shortly after the closing date. Successful candidates will be invited for second stage interview with Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: email@example.com For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.