As one of the UKs most successful land development teams, Banks Property develop and reclaim land for commercial and residential property development. With sites ranging in size from less than an acre to sites exceeding 300 acres, we are committed to creating sustainable communities where people want to work and live.
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Cash allowance in lieu of company vehicle
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
To deliver all projects on time and within budget, considering all reasonable precautions to counter unforeseen, external influences. The job holder will continually lead activity to deliver the strategy of the project, drive down costs and improve profitability through risk management approach, by improving project efficiency without impairing standards of quality and safety.
1. Management of projects undertaking the following tasks/areas of work include:
• Working with the Senior Property Development Manager and Directors in implementing project strategy
• Leadership of the project team to develop concepts into design solutions
• Co-ordination and preparation of commercial assessments and appraisals in conjunction with business team and engineering functions
• Preparation of Key Review reports, Board reports
• Management and chairing meetings
• Co-ordinating determination of planning applications
• Successful negotiation of planning or technical issues during the design and development phases
• Health & Safety co-ordination on the projects
• Undertaking Risk assessments on sites
• Budget preparation and management
• Co-ordination and preparation of planning applications
• Negotiation of planning conditions and section 106 agreements
• Project team establishment and management
• Project planning and programme management.
• Determining briefs for teams/consultants with functional team’s managers
• Marketing and sales of development sites
• Project administration
2. Development of new property schemes identified through acquisition, planning and implementation.
3. Actively promote the project management philosophy within the organisation and ensure compliance with Project Management Protocol, Key Review Structure and Group Systems.
4. Ensure that all projects have objectives, time, budget and quality targets agreed with the Senior Property Development Manager and Directors.
5. Ensure that monthly management information and KPM’s in respect of your projects are produced monthly to show progress against targets.
6. Report to the Senior Property Development Manager and to assist in tasks as required on property projects within the programme.
Fundamentally contact will be with all Directors, Managers and staff within the Group, as well as external stakeholders including government bodies and communities.
The individual would be joining a small but dynamic team who work in a collaborative and close-knit environment with everyone buying in as necessary to deliver the businesses aspirations for value creation and growth in the property development sector.
• Three years plus experience of managing projects in the development industry. The successful candidate will have experience of working in a development role and have knowledge of the planning system and planning policy.
• Formal recognised property-related Qualification (RICS or MRTPI preferred).
• Aptitude for project management ethos, gained in a property sector related environment.
• Able to lead multi-disciplinary teams to consistently high-performance levels.
• Lead, manage and motivate other professional team members to deliver business targets.
• High levels of numeracy and literacy, including report writing.
• Experience of legal and statutory requirements regarding land, planning and Health and Safety.
• Ability to develop strategies for the delivery of complex projects while balancing the commercial risk and likelihood of planning success.
• Financial acumen and an understanding of valuation principal, appraisals and budget management.
• Full driving licence.
• Commercially aware with experience of the residential development environment either gained within a house building role or development consultancy position.
• A knowledge of project management systems and processes including MS Project
• Commercially minded, with a clear understanding of the criteria that businesses use to assess project feasibility and acceptability.
• At ease working at senior management level within an organisation.
• Must have a natural affinity with people and a high level of self-awareness.
• High personal resilience when promoting changes to the status quo.
• Capable of handling several projects simultaneously.
• Good problem solver.
• Integrity, honesty and good team player.
• Ability to understand a wide range of technical issues and a general knowledge of all aspects of the development process.
• Excellent project planning, organisational and management skills.
• First class communication skills (written & verbal).
The deadline for applications is 17 January 2020. Interview process comprises of first stage face to face interview which will be held w/c 27 January 2020. Successful candidates will be invited for second stage face to face interview with Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.