An excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join a close-knit and multi-disciplined team. You will produce commercial engineering designs and monitor performance across several projects within the Banks Infrastructure portfolio to ensure the safe, responsible, and efficient operation of our sites.
• Annual bonus depending upon Company and individual performance
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company vehicle
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
• To work with the Site Management Team providing technical support to establish safe, responsible, and efficient sites and where necessary offer practical problem-solving solutions and capture change.
For example, through the establishment of surveys controls, monthly surveys and reporting and the provision of technical advice.
• To contribute to our excellent reputation in operational delivery through accurate and timely reporting of site progress within our business and ensuring the alignment of our performance to our client’s needs.
For example, through producing accurate and timely reports for our business and our Clients highlighting Key Performance Indicators, management of risk and early identification of contract variations
• To support our business planning activities through the accurate forecasting of site performance and operational monitoring, and where possible proposing solutions and initiatives to improve performance.
For example, by highlighting opportunities for gaining additional value in the design and operation of the sites and in clear definition of key assumptions and risks identified in the forecast
• To support the Contract Delivery Team by designing practical and commercially attractive sites for delivery of future opportunities with Clients.
For example, by providing engineering design and cost estimate advice in support of winning new work.
• To ensure sites are managed safely and responsibly by maintaining all necessary records to comply with the regulatory and legal requirements.
For example, ensuring preparation of accurate documentation for internal and external audits
• Accurate and timely reports detailing internal and external performance metrics
• Production of forecasts for the planning of future work both on site and for business planning purposes
• Early identification and formalisation of contract variations
• Problem solving of technical challenges highlighting both opportunities and risks associated with the proposed solutions
• Production of designs which balance Client need with our own commercial aspirations and practical engineering solutions
• Proactive record keeping for regulatory and legal purposes
The job holder will find their time divided between office and site. Banks Infrastructure has office locations in County Durham, Leeds, and Hamilton near Glasgow. All offices can be made available for the purpose of this role.
There will be a requirement to travel to sites across the United Kingdom during tender and operational phases, which will include some overnight stays. It is envisaged that most of these sites will be located in north of England and Scotland but could be elsewhere
• Previous experience of design, setting out and reporting of civil engineering or mining and quarrying projects.
• Sound knowledge of engineering methods and health and safety regulations.
• Educated to degree/HNC level or equivalent with qualifications in Civil Engineering or similar.
• Conversant in modern surveying systems and equipment.
• Demonstrable experience of working in a multi-disciplinary project team with excellent communication skills capable of liaising with both Clients and Site Staff.
• Full UK Driving licence.
• Open to training and development of skills in the role.
• Experience in using LSS/AutoCAD
• Drone licence and experience operating drone
• NEBOSH or IOSH Managing safely qualification
• Quantity Surveying experience
• CSCS Card
• First Aid Training
• A professional and commercial approach with a customer orientation and strong reporting capability
• Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail with good problem-solving skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision with good levels of energy and keen eye for improvement
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
The deadline for applications is 13 August 2021. Interview process comprises of first stage interview which will be held w/c 16 August 2021. Successful candidates will be invited for second stage interview with Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: email@example.com For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.