The mining division aims to be the safest, most responsible and most efficient operator and restorer of surface mines in the UK. We have worked and restored over 110 surface coal mines and restored thousands of acres of land since the business was started in 1976. We are committed to working with local communities to develop sites with care for the environment. This is balanced with mining in the most sustainable way possible to ensure the country has sufficient power to meet its growing energy needs.
A Plant Welder Grade 3 represents a fully qualified person with substantial experience in plant welding and has a wealth of experience on many varied welding / fabrication disciplines. A Plant Welder Grade 3 will be required to work on their own initiative and have completed all the relevant programmes contained within the plant skills matrix at this level. A Plant Welder Grade 3 will utilise these skills and knowledge to carry out welding diagnostics, repairs and maintenance to the plant equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manner to achieve all Plant Department target and objectives.
• Carry out all tasks in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
• Provide fault finding analysis and develop and use repair procedures using experience and technical literature.
• Carry out welding repairs/fabrications on the machines and equipment included in the plant fleet as instructed by their line Manger/Supervisor.
• Ensure that their work area and the tooling to be used is safe, certified (where applicable), clean and tidy.
• Complete in full with significant detail all the relevant documentation that is required in association with the allocated tasks.
• Zero accidents and no safety related performance issues.
• Completing all tasks within the designated time frame.
• Complete all task to a level where further service life expectation is achieved.
• Actively work to complete the Plant Department Matrix skills development programme.
• Understanding of Company policy and standards through the interactive induction programme.
• Zero disciplinary issues.
• Must attain a Banks internal competency licence.
• Must hold or are working towards a minimum NVQ level 3 in welding/fabrication or equivalent qualification.
• Must attain and complete the modular programme relating to the specific role of the Plant Welder Grade 3.
• Must actively work to complete the Plant Department Matrix skills development programme.
You will spend the vast majority of your working day working outdoors in a surface mine repairing and servicing earth moving equipment and various non operated plant. You may also be required to work at different sites or other locations as the needs of the business change or dictates.