Banks Plant Solutions provides plant and equipment service, maintenance and management for the businesses across the North East of England, Cumbria and North Yorkshire.
As part of The Banks Group, Banks Plant Solutions benefits from more than 40 years’ experience owning, maintaining and managing a diverse fleet of heavy plant, construction and ancillary equipment.
We employ our ‘maintenance with care’ ethos, thorough high-quality plant maintenance, to a wide range of industries and sectors. We have an experienced and skilled mobile plant and equipment engineering team have extensive experience with many original equipment manufacturers’ machinery including Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo, and JCB. Our team regularly work on equipment ranging from large 500 tonne hydraulic excavators to small ancillary plant.
The Plant Mechanic will support internal and external customers by servicing, repairing, and diagnosing systems and components on all types of mobile and static plant within their allocated area.
1. Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
2. Perform under own self esteem all inspections, diagnosis, and repair of powertrain, electrical and hydraulic systems on all plant equipment, such as dozers, rigid dump trucks, excavators, articulated dump trucks and processing equipment etc.
3. Complete required paperwork utilising business supplied equipment and software program associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
4. Conduct safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
5. Support for emergency breakdowns.
• FLEET – Asset Management System
• Manufacturers Service Information Systems
• Access to laptop
• Mobile phone
• Plant Support Team
1. Diagnose machine faults and confirm parts and labour required to rectify.
2. Prioritise workload based upon site and customer requirements
• Deliver customer service excellence
• Report near miss and risk observations
• Zero RIDDOR and Zero LOST TIME INCIDENT
The role fundamentally involves contact with the site-based team, Banks Plant Solutions and Banks Infrastructure management teams.
• NVQ level 2-3 in mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Mobile and static plant equipment experience in all product ranges and systems
• Internal & external customer interaction
• Problem solver and Results orientated
• Assertive and Influential
• Adaptive and flexible in approach
• Organised and self-disciplined
• Safety and environmentally awareness
• Initiative and motivation
• Capable of following instruction and directions given in all formats
• First-rate concentration and focus
• Proficient mechanical knowledge, experience and dexterity
• Attention to detail and quality of work
• Effective communicator using all formats and the communication devices issued.
The deadline for applications is Friday 17 June 2022.
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100 or to have a confidential discussion in relation to this post, please contact the Service Operations Manager.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.