The Labourer will provide general assistance to plant operations in a safe, responsible and efficient manner to achieve all site targets, objectives and productivity.
Provide a high level of support to the plant maintenance function:
1. Always carry out tasks in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
2. Carry out general manual tasks allocated to you.
3. Operate allocated machinery that is contained in accordance with the Banks Licencing Scheme.
4. Ensure that the safety check sheet for the machine or the vehicle being used are complete and any defects found via the defect reporting system are reported.
5. Operate pressure washers and other cleaning/processing equipment.
6. Check machine fluid levels and correct compartment levels (as required) with accurate quantity and specific oil types as or when required.
7. Implement the safe use of non-operated plant, as competent to do so, as instructed by your line manager.
8. Ensure that the work area, machine, vehicle and the tooling used is in a safe, clean and tidy condition.
9. Complete in full and with adequate detail all the relevant documentation that is required in association with the allocated tasks and job role
Ensure a safe working environment:
1. The Labourer must follow all safety instruction and site safety protocol at all times.
2. The Labourer must read and fully understand all generic risk assessments and put into place all the control measure that are detailed therein for the tasks they are asked to perform.
3. The Labourer must use the stop and think risk assessment system for all the tasks they are asked to perform.
4. The Labourer must be able to select and use the correct PPE for the tasks assigned to them.
5. The Labourer must maintain their PPE so that it is in safe, clean and in a serviceable condition where it is effective, functional and fit for purpose
6. The Labourer will be responsible for proper use of the communication devices supplied.
7. The Labourer will operate in accordance with the site vehicle rules and work in accordance with the standards set out in the company’s Environmental, Development with Care Policy and the HSE Government Legislation that applies to the site they are assigned to.
8. The Labourer, through their own actions, will promote a health and safety culture in the working environment.
Deliver a high standard of performance in line with the expectation of the Plant Department and tasks they are assigned to:
1. The Labourer will be responsible for the contribution they make towards achieving the targets and objectives of the Department they are assigned to by: –
a. Carrying out their tasks in a safe , responsible and efficient manner
b. Being efficient in completing the tasks assigned to them.
c. Effectively communicating and co-operating with the site management team and their colleagues.
d. Maintaining outstanding housekeeping and health and safety standards at all times.
• Zero accidents and no safety related performance issues.
• Completing all tasks within the designated time frame.
• Actively work to complete the assigned development programme
• Understanding of Company policy and standards through the interactive induction programme.
• Zero disciplinary issues.
The Labourer will spend the vast majority of their working day in a surface mining site providing general assistance to the plant maintenance team. The Labourer may also be required to work at different sites or other locations as the needs of the Company or Department changes or dictates.
• Organised and self-disciplined
• Safety and environmentally aware
• Resourcefulness and motivation
• First-rate concentration and focus
• Capable of following instruction and directions given in all formats
• Attention to detail and quality of work
• Effectively communicate both verbally, written and using the communication devices issued