An excellent opportunity for an experienced and natural leader to join a close-knit and multi-disciplined team, to lead and oversee the performance of the BPS field-based team on both external and internal customer sites. Ensuring all health and safety processes are implemented and practised, whilst ensuring the team deliver exceptional customer service support.
• Annual bonus depending upon Company and individual performance
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company vehicle
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
1. Lead, manage and motivate the Field Service Engineers (FSEs) and ensure safe, responsible, and efficient performance.
o Secure and induct competent FSEs
o Review competencies, provide on the ground mentoring and manage performance to company standards
o Make recommendations and support the implementation of objectives for the BPS Field Team
o Lead by example and encourage a proactive approach to the development of policies and procedures, and ensure operational policies are adhered to
2. Agree schedules and methods for providing maintenance and repair solutions.
o Oversee the Service Desk Controller plan and prioritise the schedules of work of the BPS Field Team
o Supervise, and review all activities performed on both internal and external customer sites
3. Ensure all Engineering administrative duties are completed and conform to departmental and business standards.
4. Support and mentor the field service engineering team to support achievement of key duties, responsibilities, and aid their development.
o Provide technical assistance as required, on emergency breakdowns that occur on internal and external customer sites
5. Improve the overall performance of the fleet by working with the Plant Asset Manager to agree a strategy, and execute an action plan, ensuring the asset delivers against financial and mechanical performance targets.
• Oversee and support the Service Desk Controller prioritise and allocate the workload for the BPS Field Team based on customer requirements
• Oversee and support with the allocation of labour resources based on the experience and skillset of the BPS Field Team
• Diagnosis of machine faults and confirm part and labour required to rectify
• Maximise productivity
• Minimise work order recalls
• Ensure unused part returns
• Maintain Van Inventory stock accuracy
• Customer satisfaction levels
• Safe performance
The role fundamentally involves contact with the service team, management team, representative groups, external suppliers, and customers.
The role will be mobile, and you will be expected to visit both BPS internal and external customer operational sites and any other associated work areas. Work cycle periods will be driven by customer and business requirements.
• NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Large mobile and static plant equipment experience in all product ranges and systems
• Leadership and people supervisory experience
• Previous experience of customer interaction
• Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) qualification
• Natural Leader
• Problem solver and results orientated
• Assertive and influential
• Responsive and flexible in approach
• Compliant with a sound understanding of regulation
• Organised and self-disciplined
• Ability to work with minimum or no supervision
• Safety and environmentally awareness
• Initiative, with the ability to lead and motivate through influence
• Capable of following instruction and directions given in all formats
• First-rate concentration and focus
• Attention to detail and quality of work
• Effective communicator using all formats
• Mobile and comfortable with regular travel, sometimes at short notice
The deadline for applications is 10 September 2021. Successful candidates will be invited for interview.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: email@example.com For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.