Banks Plant Solutions provides plant and equipment service, maintenance and management for the businesses across the North East of England, Cumbria and North Yorkshire.
As part of The Banks Group, Banks Plant Solutions benefits from more than 40 years’ experience owning, maintaining and managing a diverse fleet of heavy plant, construction and ancillary equipment.
We employ our ‘maintenance with care’ ethos, thorough high-quality plant maintenance, to a wide range of industries and sectors. We have an experienced and skilled mobile plant and equipment engineering team have extensive experience with many original equipment manufacturers’ machinery including Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo, and JCB. Our team regularly work on equipment ranging from large 500 tonne hydraulic excavators to small ancillary plant.
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Commercial vehicle
• Company pension scheme
• Discretionary bonus
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
The Field Service Electrical Engineer 2 (FSEE2) will support internal and external customers
by servicing, repairing, and diagnosing electrical systems faults on all types of mobile and
static plant equipment.
1. Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
2. Perform inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical systems on all mobile and
static plant equipment.
3. Complete required paperwork utilising business supplied equipment and software
program associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and
accounting for repair times.
4. Provide mentoring and assistance to the field service engineering team with regards
to electrical systems, ensuring they achieve their own key duties, responsibilities, and
5. Conduct safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
6. Support for emergency breakdowns as required on internal and external customer
• Maximise billable hours
• Maximise engineer repair efficiency
• Maximise productivity
• Minimise work order recalls
• Ensure Unused part returns
• Maintain Van Inventory stock accuracy
• Deliver customer service excellence
• Report near miss and risk observations
• Zero RIDDOR and Zero LOST TIME INCIDENT
The Field Service Electrical Engineer2 will spend most of their working day visiting both BPS
internal customers and external customers at their operations and any other associated work
areas. There will be a requirement to travel to these locations across the UK. The role involves
direct contact with new and existing customers and clients. Work cycle periods will be driven
by planned KPI delivery timetables and business review meetings.
Applications are invited from candidates who are NVQ level 2 or 3 qualified in mechanical engineering or an equivalent.
Experience of working with mobile and static plant equipment in all product ranges and systems is essential to the success of this position.
It would be desirable, but not essential, if you have internal and external customer interaction.
• Problem solver and Results orientated
• Assertive and Influential
• Adaptive and flexible in approach
• Organised and self-disciplined
• Safety and environmentally awareness
• Initiative and motivation
• Capable of following instruction and directions given in all formats
• First-rate concentration and focus
• Proficient auto electrical knowledge, experience and dexterity
• Attention to detail and quality of work
• Effective communicator using all formats and the communication devices issued.
The deadline for applications is Friday 29 October 2021.
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100 or to have a confidential discussion in relation to this post, please contact the Service Operations Manager.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.