As one of the UKs most successful land development teams, Banks Property develop and reclaim land for commercial and residential property development. With sites ranging in size from less than an acre to sites exceeding 300 acres, we are committed to creating sustainable communities where people want to work and live. This new role is an exciting opportunity to be a member of the Property team and will aid our aiding geographical expansion of the business into new areas. The role will involve assisting the project managers in looking after all aspects of site management and property surveying matters relating to the various projects within the portfolio in the North East of England and Yorkshire.
• Car allowance in lieu of company vehicle
• Discretionary annual bonus
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
To provide support to the Banks Property team with the ongoing property management of the Banks Property land bank. You will assist the project managers in looking after all aspects of site management and property surveying matters relating to the various projects within the portfolio.
1. General estates management including negotiation of leases and licence agreements for the use of land and buildings and the ongoing management of tenants and licensees, reviews of rents and ensuring any landlord and tenant legislation is adhered to.
2. Management of residential properties, renewal of assured shorthold tenancies and dealing with landlord responsibilities related to the legislative letting of such properties.
3. Management of agricultural land holdings including negotiation of tenancies, rents, access agreements, crop loss claims and ultimate surrender of agreements
4. Negotiate terms of licence agreements for access to land and property, for consultants undertaking investigation work and ensuring property is reinstated on completion and all H&S documentation is in place and approved before work commences on site.
5. Day to day responsibility for instructing the Banks Construction team to undertake the repair and maintenance of buildings in Banks Property ownership and the maintenance of land to include boundaries, landscaping, footpaths and access roads.
6. Act as the point of contact for the company in relation to a number of site specific management companies to include dealing with requests for information from home owners and solicitors, handling legal enquiries for changes to Land Registry documentation and changes to personal details of members of the residents on site where applicable.
7. Liaison with and management of consultants and agents acting for the respective management companies.
8. Assist with the preparation of sales packs, warranties and letters of reliance from consultants prior to a sale of land, working with the Commercial Manager to ensure offers are received and all queries dealt with to ensure sales targets are met.
9. Undertake the negotiation, preparation of heads of terms and instruction of solicitors for miscellaneous land sales, wayleaves and easements relating to the Banks Property land holding.
10. Assist with the day to day management of the company Health and Safety policy as it relates to land and buildings. Including inspections undertaking risk assessments and reporting on risk and incidents.
11. Any other work required to assist the business teams in managing sites through the development process.
The role will report directly to the Commercial Manager and working closing with the Senior Property Development Manager for certain aspects of the role. However day to day contact will be required with various members of the Property team including Directors, Technical team members, and the Project Managers who have overall responsibility for active property sites.
The role will require regular liaison with a broad range of external stakeholders such as landowners and agents, legal advisors, consultants and local authorities.
The role will be based at the Banks Group Head Office in Meadowfield, Durham. Extensive travel will be required across Northern England with sites based between the North East of England and South Yorkshire.
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent professional qualification (ideally rural surveying, estate management or a relevant property related discipline)
• MRICS with at least 1 years post qualification experience gained in a property management role.
• Full working knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation relating to various property types.
• Experience of legal and statutory requirements regarding land, planning and Health and Safety.
• Financial acumen and an understanding of valuation principal, appraisals and budget management.
• Full driving licence.
• A good understanding of legal agreements and commercial awareness
• First class written and verbal communication skills
• Professional approach
• Capable of independent thought and prepared to challenge current practice
• Self-starter capable of working remotely, and as part of a team
• Diligent; good attention to detail; thorough in approach
• Exercises sound judgement & composure under pressure
• Comfortable with regular travel, sometimes at short notice
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude
The deadline for applications is Friday 21 February 2020. Interview process comprises of first stage face to face interview which will be held w/c 24 February 2020 and w/c 2 March 2020. Successful candidates will be invited for second stage face to face interview with Personal Profile Analysis.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.