• Annual bonus depending upon Company and individual performance
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Cash allowance in lieu of a company vehicle
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
A rewarding opportunity for an experienced site finder to join our multi-disciplined team of professionals. The Development Surveyor will be responsible for securing high quality residential led development sites to maintain the development of the Banks Property forward programme across Yorkshire & the Midlands. Working within the Banks Property team you will assist with the delivery of the forward programme from site identification and acquisition through to planning and development or sale.
The role will involve supporting the Banks team, working with external consultants, and building relationships across the wider property market.
1) To identify new residential led property development projects for BPL in line with the Property Business Plan across the Yorkshire and Midlands regions.
2) Prepare the initial development concept, identify and approach landowners and agree site and individual negotiating strategies.
3) Manage internal and external teams to take projects successfully through the development process.
4) Negotiate Land Agreements (including Option and Promotion Agreements) on behalf of BPL in line with company parameters.
5) Establish a network of land contacts to help deliver future projects. Build relationships with local authorities and other stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of future and existing projects.
6) To provide support to the Senior Land Manager and the wider Banks team to maximise the potential of the business ‘property portfolio.
7) Prepare financial appraisals for use at key decision stages and prepare and obtain approval for initial budgets to progress sites.
8) Work with the wider team members to achieve both individual and the BPL’s Key Financial and Non-Financial targets.
9) On occasion, be required to represent the BPL at liaison meetings and landowner meetings etc., out with normal working hours.
The role will report directly to the Senior Land Manager.
The role will require regular liaison with a broad range of external stakeholders such as landowners and advisors, consultants and public bodies.
The role will be based at the Banks office in Yorkshire with travel to the Banks Head Office in Meadowfield, Durham as required. You will be part of a small but growing team based at Harewood, north of Leeds.
Extensive travel will be required across Yorkshire and the Midlands.
• Educated to Degree level, ideally in Real Estate/Development/Town Planning/Land Management or similar
• Relevant professional qualifications (or working towards) e.g. RICS/MRTPI
• Over five years experience in site finding or property related negotiations, with good knowledge of development and land use planning
• Confident and diplomatic negotiator in land acquisition agreements
• Understanding of development appraisals and ability to manage costs and work within budgets
• Entrepreneurial with strong commercial acumen
• Disseminates experience and skills to facilitate progression of projects
• Ability to present new concepts to support future business development
• Full UK driving licence
• Tenacity to deliver on targets
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and strong interpersonal skills
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Flexible and adaptive approach to work; comfortable with regular travel
• Self-starter capable of working remotely, and as part of a team, working closely with colleagues
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude, supporting the wider team
• Ability to take instructions but also willing to challenge approaches constructively
• Ability to network and build relationships
• Proven ability to partner with customers, partners and stakeholders in a manner that results in mutually positive outcomes and credibility.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: (that are particularly appropriate for the successful achievement of the role’s key duties/responsibilities)
• Creating and Managing Relationships
• Personal Accountability
• Timescales/Completing Tasks
The deadline for applications is 19th November 2021. Interview process comprises of first stage interview which will be held w/c 22nd or 29th November 2021. Successful candidates will be invited for second stage interview.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: email@example.com For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.