Banks Plant Solutions provides plant and equipment service, maintenance, and management for businesses across the North East of England, Cumbria and North Yorkshire.
As part of The Banks Group, Banks Plant Solutions benefits from more than 40 years’ experience owning, maintaining, and managing a diverse fleet of heavy plant, construction, and ancillary equipment.
We employ our ‘maintenance with care’ ethos, thorough high-quality plant maintenance, to a wide range of industries and sectors. We have an experienced and skilled mobile plant and equipment engineering team have extensive experience with many original equipment manufacturers’ machinery including Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo, and JCB. Our team regularly work on equipment ranging from large 500 tonne hydraulic excavators to small ancillary plant.
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Apprentice Plant Mechanics to join the Banks Plant Solutions team. The successful applicants will have a keen interest in heavy plant and machinery.
The Apprentice Plant Mechanics will undertake a programme of learning both theoretical and practical to develop their skills and knowledge to eventually be able to carry out repairs and maintenance to the plant equipment in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner. This will include attending college in block release to obtain a NVQ Levels 2 and 3 in Land Based Engineering and demonstrating skills and competencies in our multi-disciplined Workshop.
The apprenticeship covers all the essential skills and principles you will need to become a highly skilled Plant Mechanic and you will learn how to diagnose, service and repair machines and heavy plant equipment, including from interim repairs through to component and full machine rebuilds.
You will also study everything from basic fundamental engineering skills to hydraulics, engine, drive train and electrical systems.
1. Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
2. Perform inspections, diagnosis, and repair of all systems on all mobile and
static plant equipment.
3. Complete required paperwork utilising business supplied equipment and software
program associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and
accounting for repair times.
4. Provide assistance to the workshop and field service engineering team.
5. Conduct safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
6. Remain committed to completing the Level 3 qualification in accordance with the apprenticeship guidelines.
The Apprentice Mechanic will spend most of their working day in our West Cornforth based Workshop. There will be a requirement to travel to complete the level 3 qualification in Plant Mechanics. The role involves completing educational commitments as well as a structured work-based programme and evidence-based portfolio.
You will require a minimum of GCSE of equivalent Grade C in both English & Mathematics.
A full valid UK drivers licence.
• Effective communication, both verbally and non-verbally
• Safety and Environmental awareness
• Good level of mechanical dexterity
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to learn.
• Dedication to learning and the apprenticeship programme.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 30th November 2021
To apply please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on 0191 378 6100.